Many say that a car is a bad investment as it loses value from day one but without a car you’d be stuck.
We need to get around, drive to work, school and play. So to keep our vehicle safe on the road you need to have it serviced regularly in order to avoid accidents and expensive break-downs.
The best investment you can make for your vehicle is to have it serviced at recommended intervals.
Here is a quick list of the top 10 things that should be checked regularly:
- Air Filters – the price to pay for a clogged air filter is high fuel consumption and that is totally unnecessary. Rather have it checked and replaced before spending too much on fuel.
- Transmission Fluid – this should always be at good levels and changed at the right times to keep transmission from failing and to stay in control of your vehicle.
- Brakes – your brakes will warn you with screeching sounds when something is not right. So do pay close attention to sounds and other warnings when it comes to the brakes. You do not want to risk your life with failing brakes.
- Antifreeze / Coolant – with extreme weather conditions the lack of antifreeze and coolant can take its toll on the condition of your vehicle. Always make sure you have sufficient levels.
- Tire Pressure – it is important to keep a close eye on the tire pressure to keep you safe on the road. Properly inflated tires can keep you from causing accidents harming yourself and other road users.
- Tire Tread – not only is tire pressure important to keep a close eye on but also tread to support proper traction. Be on the look our for wear and tear, bulges and lumps that could cause slipping and ultimately an accident.
- Wheel Alignment – this directly impacts the way you handle your vehicle – or the way it handles you… Good wheel alignment will ensure that your car will steer and react the way you want it to.
- The Oil – oil keeps your car’s mechanism running smoothly and without this your vehicle can actually brake down. make sure you have enough CLean oil at all times.
- Vehicle Lights – ALL your lights on the car should always function properly for the sake of road safety. Always check your signal lights, head lights, brake lights and reverse lights to ensure it is working well.
- Power Steering Fluid – this is very important as this directly influences your ability to steer your car. it will be harder to handle if the levels are not up to standard. Receiving a power steering flush will allow your vehicle to:
- Improve fluid circulation
- Reduce heat, corrosion, and friction
- Condition the o-rings and seals
- Remove old contaminated fluid
- Quiet power steering noise