Every vehicle that is brought to ACD Automotive Services Silverton, for a service or repair will be subjected to a thorough inspection and any defects and fault will be brought to the client’s attention before commencing any further work.
After every service our clients, from ACD Automotive Services Silverton, will be informed of their next service date incorporated with a service sticker and a telephonic reminder closer to the date.
Vehicle maintenance varies from vehicle to vehicle, we service models like Volkswagen, Audi and Toyota depending on the year, model and make of your vehicle. The vehicles driving conditions and the driver’s behavior can also have an impact on your vehicle maintenance. Your car repairs services schedule is based on impact parameters such as the following:
Your engine’s timing belt or timing chain is the most important maintenance item in your car. A timing belt is a flexible ribbed belt (with teeth moulded onto its inner surface) that is placed in a specific configuration along one side of your engine to keep the crank and camshafts timed properly. Essentially, it keeps the top half of the engine (cylinder head, valves) in sync with the bottom half (crankcase, pistons). Care must be taken when a timing belt is replaced, to ensure that the valve and piston movements are correctly synchronized.
- The amount of kilometres driven in a day
- In town driving / long distance cruising
- Climate conditions, extreme hot or cold weather
- Dusty off road driving, mountainous or de-iced roads
- Loading, over loading, towing or any other heavy loads
We recommend scheduled service intervals: engine oil, oil and fuel filters.
There are a vary of common vehicle maintenance inspections and repair tasks that can include the following:
- Inspection of wheels for balancing and rotation
- Inspection of tyres for alignment, tyres pressure and wear
- Inspection of brakes, pads and disc
- Checking battery terminals and top up battery fluid
- Check or flush brake fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and engine coolant
- Spark Plugs
- Air Filters
- Timing belt
- Lubricate latches, locks and hinges
- All lights front and back to be checked
- Tighten chassis nuts and bolts
- Check if rubber boots are cracked and need replacement
- Test electronics, e.g. anti-braking system or ABS
- Read fault codes from the engine control unit
- Car wash